Updating you donors with short punchy videos is the easiest way to get them excited about your cause. Shooting video on your phone is easy; you just swipe to video mode and hit record, right? Well not always. Here are five tips to help you shoot great videos that your supporters will love.
1. Keep the video short. 30 seconds to 60 seconds maximum. Attention spans are short these days and people want to digest information as quickly as possible. Unless you are super funny or have an extraordinary story, keep your videos short.
2. Shoot horizontal, not upright. If you want people to be able to watch your video at full size on a monitor or TV screen, keep your smartphone horizontal when you are recording.
3. Keep it smooth and steady. Your smartphone is small and light, but it can be held surprisingly steady. The key thing is to use both hands, and lock your elbows into your body for extra stability.
4. Compose your shot. Practice getting the best composition for your shot. Not sure how to do it, check out this ARTICLE
5. Record good audio. If they can’t hear you then they won’t watch your video. Get as close as you can to your camera so that the audio is not distorted and try to avoid windy areas.