Caring for orphans is a great cause. I am doing this because i believe that each child deserves an opportunity to be nurtured in a positive fulfilling environment and be enabled to believe that they can achieve anything they set their mind to. I am passionate about being able to give young children the opportunities that i have had the privilege of growing up with.Kellisha Naidoo
El Roi Baby Home opened its doors in October 2012 on the Refilwe Community Project property in Lanseria. Refilwe wanted to help provide a safe and loving home for babies on their way to their forever families through adoption and so they opened El Roi.
We currently are home to 12 babies who are in the process of being connected with “forever families” through local and inter-country adoption placements with help from Abba Adoptions. There are many organisations and institutions that care for orphans in South Africa however we are seeking to create a home environment where our babies receive all of the things they need to have a healthy, loving and balanced start to life. We have designed a programme that provides our babies with a specialised programme to help meet their emotional, physical, medical and spiritual needs while in our care, including:
- Bonding Initiation that includes “kangaroo care” and a first 48 hour individual care programme.
- Uniform daily schedule to help establish routine and healthy boundaries.
- Sleep Training which provides that babies with 2 good naps a day and typically produces 12 hours of night-time sleep by 6 months of age.
- Individually designed daily OT Exercises that help our babies to stay on track developmentally.
- Pastoral Care is provided by local and international pastors who pray for the babies regularly and oversee our Baby Dedication Services.
Our babies are cared for by a team of nine local and international, paid and volunteer Aunties who are scheduled around the clock to keep our home running smoothly. These Aunties are working together to create a safe, loving and consistent home environment where each baby is cared for until they leave our El Roi family. Our Staff meets monthly to discuss our babies, our home and to spend time enhancing our skill set through training workshops and discussions....read more
Sorry, there was no activity found for this project. Please Login and follow this project to post an update.